Thursday, February 22, 2024

At Home - February 22, 2023

After umpteen days (it seems) of being away from the house, I was expecting today to be an "at home" day.  My plan was to make one more pop-up card, then make a plan to move some other projects along.  

All of my projects seem to be eternally in the planning stage, don't they?

It's because I keep getting interrupted by other plans.

And because I am not quite skilled enough to pull off some of the sh*t I want to do.

Anyway . . . . 

This morning at 6:30, Granddaughter #1 sent me a picture of two t-shirts (for sorority big/little sisters) and asked if I could get them to her by next Friday.  Of course, I said yes.  They have to be mailed all the way across the state.

I was not planning on doing that kind of craft today.  My work table was littered with cardstock and cutting/marking/gluing supplies, with some paint supplies shoved off to one corner.  

Admittedly, it was getting out of control, but I needed to do one more card before I put all the card-making stuff away.  But The Granddaughter comes first.  I cleaned up the work table, pitched all the card stuff in one box, all the paint stuff in another.

I did not have any t-shirts.  But the Dollar General up the road had some thin ones.  They'll do.  Brought them home and washed them.  They're drying now.

Meanwhile, I have cut the vinyl lettering (holy moly, it actually worked).  Gonna fire up that heat press soon, and if my luck holds out, I can make it to the post office in time to get it in today's mail.

So far, so good, unless these cheap shirts come out of the dryer two sizes smaller than they went in the washer.

The time I've spent jacking around with pop-up cards has not been wasted, for I have learned to use the software and the cutting machine without too many foul-ups.  Now it's time to bone up on the heat press.  My machine is cheap and kind of janky, and most of the time I can't figure out how to make it count out the seconds and beep when it's done.  ("One, mississippi, two mississippi....")  Cross your fingers that these cheap shirts don't melt.

Addendum:

The t-shirts are in the mail, along with a few surprises.  Expecting the worst, I bought two of each shirt.  Good thing.  I kinda screwed up the first shirt with tape adhesive.  (It will probably wash out, but I made a duplicate just in case it doesn't.)  The overall design included some large and small polka dots that wanted to peel off with the carrier sheet.  This required a little engineering.  They may come off in the wash, too!






No comments:

Post a Comment