Monday, February 12, 2024

Finis! - February 11, 2024

The Grandchildren Pop-Up Valentine Card Project is finished!  

Can I get a Hallelujah!?

It was a mistake to mail Granddaughter #3's card before I finished her siblings' cards.  I texted their mother and warned her that it was coming.  She will hold it until the other two cards arrive.

I am not particularly happy with any of the cards.  This is "par for the course" for me; I am never happy with anything I do. Hopefully, most of the grandchildren are too young to wonder if I was drunk when I made their cards.  

* * * * * * * *

Rant:

I hate those web sites that make you click through screen after screen to read a whole news story. Henceforth, I refuse to keep clicking.  

While I'm ranting, how about these politicians, eh?  

* * * * * * * * 

I would not let myself go there on the subject of politics, so I went outside and puttered around in the yard.  Turned the compost, raked some leaves out of the beds where perennials will soon be sprouting, planted some radish seeds that have been here for years and a few broccoli seeds in the flower bed by the back door.  

I also re-styled Richard's hair.  He's been sitting there, bald, for a couple of years. 


Let me tell you, it's HARD to get chia seeds to stick to round things.  You have to soak them in water, and they get all gelatinous, but not gelatinous enough to defy gravity.  His hair slid off the back of his head about 10 times.  Spooning in back on reminded me of feeding a baby, where you scrape that same spoonful of sweet potatoes off his chin and feed them to him again.  ;)  There were a few banana pepper seeds in Richard's try that got mixed in with the chia slime, and they stuck to his head just fine.  I left them there.

There are still some chia seeds in the packet.  I'm going to rough him up with a wire brush next time.





No comments:

Post a Comment