Monday, February 12, 2024

L-o-n-g Day - February 12, 2024

It's 1 p.m, and it's already been a l-o-n-g day.

Son #1 was scheduled for a heart cath today and needed me to take him.  (Thankfully, the test did not reveal any serious problems.)  We had to be there at 6 a.m., which means we had to leave his house at 5 a.m., which means I had to get my butt up and moving early.  As soon as the football game was over, I set the coffee pot to come on at 4:30, told my phone to wake me up at 4:40, and went to bed in the spare bedroom (so the alarm wouldn't wake The Husband), wearing the clothes I planned to wear to the hospital.

Most nights, I read in bed for about 5 minutes (if it's not a particularly interesting book) before falling asleep.  It's like I have an off/on switch that activates when I'm horizontal.  And, though I get up early, most days, I generally sleep through the night.  

Not last night.  

At midnight, I woke up hungry.  Got up and ate a piece of toast, drank some buttermilk, read a little while, went back to bed.  At 2, I woke up again, still wearing my glasses.  Got up to pee.  At 3, I knocked my Kindle off the bed; it hit the hardwood floor with a loud pop.  (Good thing I'd already peed, eh?)  At 4, I just plain woke up and got up for good.  

It was good hanging out with my son today, even though it was kind of scary.  Considering his family history, I'm glad he got checked.  

I need to find something productive to do for the rest of the afternoon.  A nap sounds enticing, but it would ruin me for two days.

Whatever I find to do, it will be inside.  It's raining, and colder than a well-digger's butt out here on the porch.



No comments:

Post a Comment