Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Presidents' Day - February 20, 2024

Yesterday was Presidents' Day.  The Husband and I were both off from work.  We spent the first half of the morning at the doctor's office, having some tests run on The Husband.  

On our way home, we stopped to eat lunch.  As we were finishing up our meal, another couple came into the restaurant.  The man looked familiar, but I could not summon his name from my memory.  Eventually, I said to The Husband, "There's an old guy in here that I think we went to school with."  The old guy was probably saying the same thing to his wife about us.

Yesterday was also Son #1's birthday.  We took him and his family out to dinner, gave him a gift certificate to a music store for his birthday gift.

We tried to give him the truck that The Husband bought from his uncle over the weekend.  He came over Sunday after church, and he and The Husband took it out for a long test drive.  It over-heated.  They think it needs a water pump and a thermostat.  Son #1 is something of a shade-tree mechanic and can make simple repairs, so yesterday after lunch, The Husband bought the parts.  I guess they'll work on the truck this weekend.  

When we came home from our errands, I puttered around in the yard.  Raked leaves out of some of the flower beds.  Pruned some dead clematis from the arch.  Checked to see what survived the January deep freeze.  

In the few hours I had at home between the doctor visit and the birthday dinner, I played with making pop-up cards.  The Valentine's Day card project spawned a fixation. I must know how these things operate.  

My kitchen table and the floors all over the house are littered with paper bits.  They're not hurting anything.  ;)

Today is painting class day.  And lunch with The Old Boss.  And Granddaughter pick-up after school.  It's a good thing we have that spare car that The Husband bought a month ago, because my daily car has a nail in a tire, and my Wrangler hasn't been cranked for months and probably has a dead battery.  

I hope the spare car has gas in it.  :-\


No comments:

Post a Comment