Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Warm...for now - February 27, 2024

The delightful warm weather we've had for the past few days is about to be gone.  It was windy yesterday, and even windier today.  Already this morning, I've heard limbs crashing in the woods behind the house.  

Don't wear a dress today!  :)

As I was having my first cup of coffee in my recliner by the living room window, I heard an unusual noise that sounded much like leaves being blown across the yard.  It wasn't the wind, it was a big flock of birds flying over.  I'd seen these big flocks from a distance but had never HEARD them.  It was kind of awesome.  A little while later, I came out to the porch and heard a chorus of chirping; the flock had landed in the trees on the far side of the pond.  That was kind of awesome, too.  Later, as The Husband was leaving for work, the flock had moved on, but we startled a big blue heron that had landed by the pond and watched him try to fly away in this wind.  It's a miracle he didn't get slammed against a tree.

The forsythia decided to bloom today.

I am going to painting class in a couple of hours.  Still working on the tractor picture.  My paint palette has been in the freezer since the last class. At this rate, the canvas will decompose before the painting is finished. 

* * * * * * * * 

I remain mildly fixated on pop-up cards.  Yesterday, a YouTube video suckered me into buying the SVG files to make a paper house.  I downloaded the files and began cutting the pieces last night.  There are a gazillion pieces to this thing.  The likelihood of it actually getting built - satisfactorily built - is slim.  I got handed a new project at work.  Plus, beginning in early March, I'm going to fill in at the office for a lady who is having knee surgery.  So my idle time is about to shrink.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment