Friday, February 9, 2024

Rain - February 9, 2024

It is a yucky, rainy day at my house.  Not cold - almost 60 - just gray and drizzly.  

I just walked two more Valentine cards to the mailbox.  Still have two to go.  Last night I tried to do a card with pop-up flowers - another video tutorial.  This required cutting and assembling 7 flowers and then gluing them together at their tips so that they pop out when the card is opened.  I assembled my seven flowers and clamped them together with a binder clip.  Evidently, the binder clip squeezed out some glue.  My flower assemblage is stuck together, flat as a pancake, this morning.  

Back to the cutting machine.

I need different glue. :-/  

* * * * * * * * 

There was a news story on NPR a few days ago about a new tomato (or at least new tomato seeds) about to come on the market.  It is purple, genetically modified - crossed with a snapdragon - to increase the lycopene in the fruit.  In the pictures, it is VERY dark purple.  It's a cherry tomato.  I ordered some seeds a couple of days ago.  10 seeds for $20. 

At that price, they'd better be good.


No comments:

Post a Comment