Sunday, June 2, 2024

Weekend Report - June 2, 2024

We've had a fairly quiet weekend.

I promised The Grandson that I would drive him to Game Stop Saturday morning and told him to text me when he was up and moving.  To my surprise, my text message alert sounded at 8:30 a.m., wondering if we were going out to breakfast or if he should eat at home.  Ordinarily, I would have already been up for two hours, but I had JUST rolled out of bed, myself, and wasn't keen on the idea of getting dressed and hitting the road so soon.  I told him to feed himself, and I'd pick him up about 10:30.  

The Husband decided to go with me.  We picked up the boy and headed to town.  I wanted to stop by the bakery, first, to get bread.  The Grandson's mouth watered over some sausage scones he saw on the counter. The Husband's mouth watered over some strawberry chess squares he saw in the display box.  I snagged a bag of sliced honey jalapeno bread and some Southern Greek Seasoning.  

At Game Stop, we bought The Grandson a gift card and high-tailed it to the community garden, where we needed to put up some tomato stakes.  The Husband and The Grandson took care of the stakes, while I planted a couple more tomatoes and some pollinator flowers.  

I came straight home and made a grilled jalapeno bread/cheese sandwich.  It was awesome. (I had it again this morning for breakfast with jalapeno jelly and sausage.  Mmmm.)

For the rest of the afternoon, I painted (watercolor) and embroidered and read.  Come dinner time, we heated up some spaghetti that really didn't need to live in the refrigerator for many more days.

Today has been more of the same - reading, embroidering, and painting.  

Not a bad weekend, eh?

Around 6 p.m., I decided to go to the garden to drench the tomato plants with some stuff I bought that's supposed to work miracles.  I'm not sure how much it's going to help, considering the ground is soggy, and there's more rain on the way tomorrow.  After that, I pulled some Virginia Creeper and poison ivy out of the flower beds, then hurried to the shower to wash off the chiggers and the plant juice.

If I can get to the community garden tomorrow before the rain gets there, I'll drench those plants, too.  The rain might wash it off, but it's supposed to be good for the soil, so maybe the rain won't matter.

Tomorrow, I start work on Year 3.  

No comments:

Post a Comment