Sunday, September 15, 2024

Art Class - September 15, 2024

The knee is better., and I've had a productive morning.  Fried two pounds of bacon, cooked breakfast, made a batch of savory breakfast muffins (with some of the bacon) to last all week, put some the rest of the cooked bacon in the freezer, and put a roast in the crockpot for supper tonight and tomorrow.  

The roast may/may not turn out well.  Yesterday on a PBS cooking show, the cooks made a brisket in the crockpot.  Besides the meat, the only other ingredients were (I THINK!) a can/jar of whole berry cranberry sauce and a packet of dried onion soup.  I tuned in just as they were dumping the jar of sauce, but not in time to hear what kind it was.  Looked like cranberries to me, though.  But it didn't look nearly as thick and gelatinous as what I dug out of my can of whole berry sauce this morning.  So maybe it wasn't cranberry sauce they were dumping.

The other thing is that the grocery store didn't have a brisket, so, on the advice of the butcher, I substituted a chuck roast.  I've cooked a mountain of chuck roasts, and I know what it's going to do in the crockpot.  It's going to crumble and will never hold up to slicing like the TV roast.  It was definitely the visual - thick slices with pretty berry glaze drizzled on top - that got me.  

I'm still not too confident about the cranberry sauce/soup combination, but we'll see.

We got the Cherokee out of the shop yesterday.  It was the power steering pump.  Thank goodness it wasn't the whole motor.

Yesterday morning it was raining, and I did nothing but goof around on the computer, mostly watching art videos.  There's something to be said for watching fewer videos and creating more art, I concede.  But the ones I watched yesterday boosted my perspective drawing skills a LOT.  


He also has tutorials on watercolor painting.  I've watched almost all of them.

It's raining again today.  I think I'll watch the rest. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment