Thursday, September 12, 2024

Rain - September 12, 2024

We are sho'nuff getting rain from that hurricane in New Orleans. It was just drizzling when I left for work, but it picked up mid-morning and has rained all day.  Small ditches were spilling onto the roadways by the time I drove home.  The wind isn't too bad right now.  Hopefully, we've had the worst of it.   

Thanks to the rain we've had lately, our vegetable garden is still producing tomatoes, okra, and peppers, perhaps better than it's done all season.  Nanny calls every other day:  "Y'all want some okra?"  When I came down with covid last month, I begged her to let the garden go, but she can't stand to see it go to waste.  I need to get down there and pull up the spent peas and check on the new ones and the butterbeans, and do some weeding, but until today (when it's pouring rain) my knee trouble has prohibited any gardening.  I did stop by the community garden one day last week to drop off a bag of okra, and I hobbled to our plot to pick the few tomatoes that were there. I need to get in there soon and pull up the old stuff, loosen the soil, and plant some greens. This would be a good job for the little red tiller, if I could get the damned thing to crank. 




No comments:

Post a Comment