Saturday, September 7, 2024

I've about done worn myself out today, already.

Got up at 5.  Had some coffee and read a little, then came out to the porch to kill time watching YouTube painters and listening to the birds waking up.  It was a little chilly out here, a sign of a pleasant day ahead.  When The Husband got up, I said we ought to put the new seat covers on the Wrangler seats while the weather's cool.  (He gave them to me for my birthday, back in the summer, but it's been too smothering hot to fool with them.)  He agreed.

We got after it, after breakfast.  

These seat covers are just slip-on things, with straps and hooks that connect to a central doo-hickey under the seats.  We got the old covers off and the new covers on the front seats without too much trouble, but progress came to a screeching halt when we tackled the back seat.

The Wrangler has been sitting idle for several years, and we've forgotten where all the levers are.  We remembered that the back seat tumbles, but couldn't remember how to do it, had to pull the manual out of the glove box.  And when we tumbled the seat, there was evidence of a previous mouse extermination project - old traps and empty bait boxes.  Fortunately, no actual dead mice.  But the carpet was all trashy and poopy, so I had to get out the vacuum cleaner.  

Extension cords, floppy hoses, attachments.  Lysol spray.  A total pain.  By the time we got all that done, it was starting to get a little warm, especially inside the Jeep.  We made quick work of getting the back seat cover on.  

While I had the vacuum out, I cleaned up my daily driver car.  

Then we had to put all that crap back, and clean out the vacuum, and gather up the garbage.

It plumb wore me out.  

So I came back to the porch and looked for more painting videos.  Found this guy:  

Rusty Nelson - YouTube

I've been listening/watching while testing out some new paint colors that came this week.  



No comments:

Post a Comment