Tuesday, September 10, 2024

What a day . . . September 10, 2024

I'm driving the estate-sale Cherokee this week because I can't drive anything else in the driveway.  Can't work the clutch in the Patriot (yes, it's a stick), can't climb into the Wrangler or The Husband's truck because the bad knee takes the weight on the driver's side.  But the Cherokee is actually a pretty sweet ride, all the bells and whistles of its day, even a sunroof, which is the next best thing to the Wrangler with the top down.  :)

My knee seems a little better today.  I was at my post at 7 a.m. and worked until noon, when I met The Old Boss for lunch.  And you know what?  I didn't go back to work.  At the time I left, I was the only person in the building, so I locked it up tight when I went to lunch.  To get in that workspace, whatever time, I have to call maintenance, and somebody has to stop what they're doing and come let me in.  They have come to anticipate my morning arrivals, but a mid-day call would irk them.  Anyway, by the time I left for lunch, the bad knee was complaining, and so were the right arm, shoulder, and back.  I was d-o-n-e DONE.

It was so good to see The Old Boss.  We'd missed our last "standing date" for one reason or another, so there was a lot to catch up on.  After we'd ordered, she leaned forward and asked, "So, do you want to hear the latest scuttlebutt?"  I said,"Sure!"

When she gave up the goods, I said, "Oh.  I'd already heard that."

She said, "Where'd you hear it?"

I said, "The Scuttlebutt."


No comments:

Post a Comment