Friday, September 27, 2024

Helene - September 27, 2024

Another hurricane has formed in the Gulf.  If I were anywhere near the coast, I'd have high-tailed it out of there two days ago, if I had the means to go.  We're getting rain from it this morning, a gentle rain like we would've enjoyed a month ago.  But the last hurricane brought us some rain, too - several days' worth - too late to do most of the farmers much good.  I hope all this moisture doesn't ruin what's left in the fields. Some of the corn has already been pulled.  Beans are not quite ready to cut.  Cotton is showing white, but not ready to pick.  

I'm off work today to take The Husband for a doctor visit.  He had outpatient surgery Tuesday (he's fine) and can't drive yet.  I dread dealing with city traffic in the rain.

Phase II didn't advance much this week.  Tuesday, I was off work for the surgery.  Wednesday, I worked from home.  Seriously.  I've been head-down, working on the files, for a month, during which time questions have arisen that nobody local can answer.  I spent Wednesday making calls, sending emails, and reading rules.  Not that it has done any good, so far.  No one has gotten back with me.  My "don't know what to do with this" pile grows ever larger.

Yesterday, when I turned on the workroom lights and surveyed the room, I wanted to turn around, go to Admin, and fill out my retirement paperwork.  But I've got a grandchild in college, and several more coming behind her, and I need to work until I'm 102.  So I put down my stuff and got busy.  It was a long day.  An hour before bedtime, I fixed myself a medicinal gin & tonic.  Got some gooooood sleep last night.  ;) 

And tonight is margarita night, if The Husband is up to it.

It's supposed to rain all weekend, I think.  Maybe I'll paint.



  


No comments:

Post a Comment