Monday, September 30, 2024

Community Garden Clean-up - September 30, 2024

Until this afternoon, I had not set foot in the community garden for about two months. First it was covid.  Then my knee went out.  Then The Husband had two surgeries.  And then it rained and rained and rained. I'd put the word out that I was under the weather, and that if anything in our plot was ready to pick and donate, anyone was welcome to do it.

I got to a good stopping place in the workroom about 2 this afternoon and decided to have a look at the garden.  I'd planted indeterminant tomatoes, and they've been revved up.  There were LOTS of spoiled tomatoes on the vines, 6.2 pounds (I weighed them) of green tomatoes, and a couple of squash.  After picking everything that could be picked, I pulled up the tomato vines, cut the basil WAY back (it's putting on new growth), pulled up the easy weeds, and hauled everything to the compost bin.  The ground is too wet to work or I would have chopped out all the weeds and scattered mustard seeds over the plot.   I hope to do that before the week is over.

Phase II is coming right along.  Still far from finished, but making real progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment