Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Benefits (continued) - September 24, 2024

The most interesting thing just happened.

I was sitting here on the back porch, doing a puzzle, when I heard what sounded like something falling through the trees, followed by a thump.  It sounded like something rather heavy had hit the ground.  I glanced over toward the woods, and listened, but didn't see or hear anything. No broken limb chunk.  No squirrel or possum or raccoon running away or lying senseless on the ground.  

Back to the puzzle.  Before I could get my head back in it, I noticed that the birds were going apeshit.  A group of them had gathered low in a tree at the edge of the gully and were squawking their heads off, and moving in unison from limb to limb.  

I bet what I heard was a snake dropping out of a tree, and the birds knew about it and were tracking it and sounding an alarm.  SNAKE!  SNAKE!

I'm not going over there.

And I hope it doesn't come over here.  :-\




No comments:

Post a Comment