Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Day 3 - April 17, 2024

After dropping off The Husband at his conference Monday, I hit the road in search of an embroidery hoop - not just any embroidery hoop, but a double-decker hoop suitable for punch-needle work.  I did not find one. Yesterday, I did some web-surfing and thought I could get one at JoAnn's.  Nope.  Hobby Lobby?  Nope.  Walmart?  Nope.  Looks like I'll have to order one from an online store once I get home.

But a funny thing did happen. While I was in Hobby Lobby, I encountered a lady who looked familiar. I smiled at her and she smiled at me, and we moved on.  Silly idea that I might know her, being 400 miles from home.  Last night, at The Husband's conference dinner/party, he dragged me over to meet a fellow conference attendee who had set up a table to sell jewelry and baked goods.  This lady also looked familiar.  I asked her, "Were you in Hobby Lobby today?"  She burst out laughing and said, "I was about to ask you the same thing!  I thought you looked familiar when I saw you in the store!"  Evidently, we've seen each other at these conferences often enough to recognize one another on the street.  

The plan for today was to visit the county archives for this and the surrounding counties.  Knowing that many archives are not open all day every day, I made some calls to line up some visits.  Haven't connected with anyone to visit today, but I'm set to visit one in the next county Friday morning.  

I'm not sure what I will do today.  This place is a shopper's paradise, but I am not a shopper.  I thought about hanging around with a book outside, but one of the hotel guests told me he encountered a bear yesterday in the very spot where I intended to read today.

I don't do bears.

No comments:

Post a Comment