Monday, April 15, 2024

Greetings from Gatlinburg - April 15, 2004

OMG!  Somebody come rescue me!  I hate Gatlinburg!

We drove part of the way here yesterday.  Spent the night in Cookeville.  Left the hotel at 8 this morning.  The Husband had a meeting in Gatlinburg today at noon.  We should've had plenty of time to get here by noon, only we were on Central time, and did not consider that Gatlinburg is on Eastern time. We made it here at 11:54, Eastern time.  I dropped him off at the convention center and went to our hotel. Of course, we couldn't check in yet, so I decided to drive around in search of something interesting.  

Big mistake.

This is the most awful place in which to drive. Pedestrians everywhere.  Bumper-to-bumper traffic (on a Monday!).  Crazy intersections.  I doubt I'll try that driving thing again.  If you're looking for me, I'll be holed up in the hotel until we leave.  


No comments:

Post a Comment