Friday, April 12, 2024

Errands - April 12, 2024

Yesterday, I called a halt to the inventory of the courthouse basement, having reached a point where I need some guidance. But there's now a fairly informative spreadsheet listing all the documents in Administration's storage rooms, and where they are, and people should be able to find what they need without much trouble.

This morning, after I sent the spreadsheet up the chain, I took my car back to the body shop to have them look at one of the front flasher lights.  The car has been out of the shop for two weeks, but it wasn't until Monday morning, when I pulled up behind a shiny chrome bumper at Burger King, that I realized the light wasn't working.  It only took them about 10 minutes to fix it.

After that, I went to Big Lots and loaded up a tote bag full of road snacks.  $47 worth.  Don't judge; we'll be on the road a lot, and they're moderately healthy snacks.  ;)

After that, I went to the new Hobby Lobby to get some busy work for my hands while we're on the road.  Got a "punch needle" kit. Only spent $15.  I told the lady at the cash register, "This place may explode when I walk out of here having spent under $20."  A lady coming in the store said, "Girl, I hear ya."  

I'm taking my watercolor paints on the road trip, too, with visions of "plein air" painting dancing around in my head.  It probably won't happen.  We'll be staying smack in the middle of the towns we'll visit, and I hate driving in unfamiliar places.  On the other hand, we've got time for a state park visit between towns, so it could happen.  





No comments:

Post a Comment