Wednesday, October 7, 2020

A Froggy Day - October 7, 2020

 When I came home from work today and sat down on the back porch to chill, I looked up to find a green tree frog chillin' on an elephant ear leaf.  

After dinner, I came back out to the porch to finish my chillin'.  My rear end had no sooner hit the chair than I realized that I'd forgotten to bring my water glass (and, yes, I was just drinking plain water).  As I stood up to go back in the house, my peripheral vision caught a movement on the cabinet behind my hair.  It 'bout scared the bejeeezus out of me.  Turned out, it was another tree frog, this time a gray speckled one.  It was hard to capture a picture of him; the light wasn't good, and he was leaping around.  (I finally blinded him with the spotlight we keep on the porch to look for armadillos, and he held still for a minute.)



By the time I remembered to go get my water, he appeared to be tucked in for the night.




No comments:

Post a Comment