Saturday, October 3, 2020

Lost and found - October 3, 2020

 

Well, damn.

Now that fall is approaching, I'll be shifting gears from gardening to crafting.  Earlier in the week, when I went to pick up my sewing machine from the repair shop, I had to pass near a Hobby Lobby, and I could not prevent my car from turning in the parking lot.  I came out with canvases for the grandchildren to paint on, and some wool yarn for knitting hats. 

I did not not buy knitting needles because I already own more knitting needles than Carter has liver pills - at least one set in every size known to man.  Months ago, as I was re-organizing, I gathered them all up and put them in a pouch I had made specifically for knitting needles.  That pouch laid on a bookshelf in my office, in plain sight, for months.  Now, it is nowhere to be found.

With kids moving in and out of my house for the past year, and The Husband working from home every other week, I have tried my best to confine my craft stuff to my sewing room and to this craft closet:



This morning, I tore that closet apart.  Looked in every tub, every drawer, every schlepping bag.  Found a lot of stuff I'd forgotten about.  Threw away a lot of stuff that should've been thrown out years ago.  Demolished a lot of cobwebs.

No knitting needle pouch.

I'm about to mail order some for the hat pattern I want to make.  

Watch the pouch turn up the day after the new needles arrive.



No comments:

Post a Comment