Tuesday, October 6, 2020

From the back porch - October 6, 2020

 

How I am going to miss my morning back porch sittin' when the weather gets cooler.  Right now, the sun is peeking through a tiny gap in the trees, shining directly on my face.  The birds are tweeting, the crows are cawing, the woodpeckers are jack-hammering.  I am going to miss all this when cold weather drives me inside.

Last week, I got a Bedazzler in the mail.  I was going to wait to play with it until The Granddaughters get back home (they've been house-sitting with their parents for over a week), but Sunday afternoon, I couldn't stand it any longer, so I plugged it in and bedazzled some masks for the girls (and myself).  Each little jewel has to be heat-set for 10 to 15 seconds.  So, as I sat there counting - one thousand one, one thousand two - I fired up YouTube and watched random craft/art videos.  

Eventually, I came across a video entitled "Neurographic Drawing."  It sounded fun and interesting, so when I got tired of bedazzling masks, I pulled out a sketch pad and some colored pencils and tried the drawing technique.  It was fun, and also relaxing.  The drawing turned out kind of cool (though it resembled a tangled string of Christmas lights), but I wanted to try the technique with some watercolor brush pens that I bought months ago but haven't used.  I also wanted to try a calligraphic pen for the base drawing.  



I knew exactly where the watercolor brush pens were - they've been on a shelf in my home office since they arrived - but it's been a while since I've seen the calligraphic pens.  Thus began yet another turn-the-house-upside-down search.

In the process, I found the knitting needle pouch that I searched for ALL DAY Saturday.  It had fallen behind the watercolor pen box, which was stacked on top of a shoe box full of pencils, which was stacked on top of a box of paints.  

Of course, I had already ordered the knitting needles I needed on Sunday . . . . 

But I did find the calligraphic pens.  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment