Saturday, October 24, 2020

Making Paper - October 24, 2020

 I am going to try making paper out of - well, paper.  :)

It all started with a small embroidery kit that I bought to keep my hands busy during long, boring work days.  The design is a canning jar with a few flowers in it.  The whole thing will finish about 4" x 5".  As I was working on it at home a few days ago, The Nugget asked, "What are you going to do with that when you finish it?"  I hadn't really thought about it, but as I continued to work on it, I thought that it would make a nice cover for a journal or a book of poems.

But I didn't want to just go out and buy a journal or a book and cover it.  I've been wanting to try making paper, anyway, so . . . . 

We have a lot of scrap paper around here.  The stabilizer that I use for machine embroidery is made of paper.  My sewing room trash can is full of it.  The Granddaughters draw and write on copy paper and leave it all over the place.  So this morning I gathered up all the stray paper and chopped it into bits.  Those bits are soaking in a tub of water right now.  

I'll need to make a screen of some kind and gather some other supplies.  Time to watch some how-to videos!


No comments:

Post a Comment