Sunday, January 16, 2022

Fail - January 16, 2022

This morning, I had a hankering for quiche for breakfast.  The refrigerator vegetable drawer yielded mushrooms and onions.  I thought we had some ham or turkey, but we didn't, so I settled for vegetable quiche.  In the freezer were store-bought pie crusts left over from Christmas.

All of the quiche recipes I consulted said to pre-bake the crust, and to put dried beans in the crust while it baked to keep it from bubbling up.  So I poured a bunch of dried garbanzo beans in the crust and baked it for 10 minutes.  

When my filling was ready, I took the pie crust out of the oven and discovered that the garbanzo beans had BAKED INTO the crust.


I tried to pour them out, but they were stuck fast.  Had to dig them out, one by one, with a spoon.

The bottom of the crust was a pocked mess.  I smoothed it with the back of the spoon and moved on.

Maybe I should have thawed the crust, first?


No comments:

Post a Comment