Thursday, January 13, 2022

Jammed Up - January 13, 2022

 

In an effort to save taxpayer dollars (and trees!), I print document drafts on the clean side of used paper.  Yesterday, as I was printing on some of this used paper, the printer jammed because I'd inadvertently loaded some pages that were stapled together.  I cleared the jam of everything I could see, but the printer continued to say it was jammed.  It sounded like something - maybe a staple? - was hung in the nether regions of the printer, but I couldn't find a way to get inside that part of the machine.  I called the computer help desk and explained the problem to the nice young man who'd answered.

This printer is probably older than he is, and he had to hunt up some schematics to help me find a rear access panel.  While he searched, I apologized for having to call him for a stupid paper jam.  He replied, "Oh, that's okay.  My grandparents call me all the time to help them with their stuff."

I said, "HOLD IT!  Are you suggesting that I am OLD enough to be your GRANDPARENT?"

Hah!  You should've heard him stammer.  :)  

By the time he found the right printer manual, I'd solved the problem, myself.  

<grumbling> Young whippersnapper thinks he's gonna tell me how to . . . .




No comments:

Post a Comment