Saturday, January 15, 2022

Rainy Saturday - January 15, 2022

 It's a little chilly on the back porch this evening.  I've been doing around in the house all day, but haven't accomplished a whole lot.

A couple of days ago I started crocheting these pods:


The pattern is for a set of 5.  I made the smallest one, then the medium one, then the largest one.  Started on the next-largest this morning, but ran out of jute.  I might just quit working on it and call it a bowl.

The 5 x 7 embroidery machine hoop cracked earlier this week.  Last night, I superglued it (and a couple of my fingers) together, but when I tried to hoop some fabric this morning, it came apart again.  I ordered a new one yesterday, but it won't be here until Tuesday.

My serger has been on the fritz, so I decided to have a look at it after breakfast.  I suspected that the problem was a broken belt, but I couldn't find any belt, broken or not, so I just put the cover back on and made a mental note to take it to the repair shop.  But when I manually twisted the wheel, everything moved that ought to have moved, so I guess it's fixed.  Erase that mental note.

While I was crocheting, I watched a cooking show on PBS.  Woman was making chicken paprikash, which I had never eaten.  It looked wonderful, and I determined to make some.  Today.  After scrounging the pantry for ingredients, I had to go to the grocery store for paprika - I had 3 jars of paprika, and none of them the kind I needed.  

The paprikash turned out yummy.  Cooked some rice to go with it.  When it got closed to done, I called Nanny to see if she wanted some, and she did, so I carried her some.

Now, I'm about to go have some, myself!




No comments:

Post a Comment