Friday, January 7, 2022

Snow Day - January 7, 2022

Wednesday, the weather-persons were predicting ice/snow for our area.  The Boss said, "Don't come to work tomorrow if the roads are bad."  The Husband and I covered the truck and the Wrangler with tarps to keep them from being encased in ice overnight.  Come morning, sure enough, we'd gotten a little snow and sleet, but the weather had been so warm during the previous week that the roads were just slushy, not slick.

I went to work.

About noon, it was snowing to beat the band.

I could not help but remember the year (1984, I think) that a different boss sent me home at 11 a.m. when it started to snow.  As I left the office, there was just enough snow on the ground to show my footprints in the parking lot.  By the time I got home (15 miles away - took nearly 2 hours), I was pushing snow with the bumper of my little Nissan pickup truck.

I went inside and told The Boss it was snowing to beat the band.  She said, "Go home."  I did.

By this time, there were cars in the ditches on my route home.

West Tennesseans just don't know how to drive on icy roads.  Does anyone, though?

What was slush yesterday is frozen solid today.  Our road is usually the last road in the county to thaw.  

I'm not going to the office today.

And I can already tell that I will go nuts trapped in this house with no project laid out to do.



No comments:

Post a Comment