Sunday, April 25, 2021

From the back porch - April 25, 2021

 

It has been a rather nice weekend.  Two of The Husband's nieces visited from out of state, accompanied by one nephew-in-law and a great-nephew, who is about to turn two.  One of the nieces bunked at our house, and it was good to catch up with her.  Saturday, we had a birthday party for the 2-year-old at his grandfather's alpaca farm.  It was good to have the family together.

This morning I decided to try to fix the little red tiller (again) that the small engine repairman said could not be fixed.  The gas tank and carburetor came in a month ago, but I haven't been in the mood to fool with it.  I don't know what got into me today, but I dragged it onto the porch and put the new parts on it.  We got it to crank, but it would run for about 30 seconds and quit.  Frustrated, I shoved it into its hiding place and walked away.  Not long afterward, the nephew-in-law showed up at our house.  He's a mechanical whiz, and when I told him about the tiller problem, he jumped on it.  He fiddled with some stuff, and in about 10 minutes he had it running.  

It rained on the garden Friday and Saturday.  There is yet no sign of the purple hull peas we planted a week ago.  The tomatoes that I started from seed are not looking too well.  Before I took them to the garden, their leaves were turning a strange, white-ish color.  I need to research this to see if they've had too little or too much water, too little or too much light, or if this is a disease.

Otherwise, the dirt looks great.  ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment