Monday, April 12, 2021

 

On my way home from work Friday, I stopped at a garden center and bought 12 more tomato plants and some pepper plants.  The garden hasn't been tilled because it's been too wet.  There's an 80% chance of rain Wednesday, so I don't know when we'll get a chance to plant.  

The hyacinth bean vines that I sprouted from seeds are finally in the ground.  I planted them all over the yard, next to anything that they can climb.  When the make-shift "greenhouse" they sprouted in was empty, I re-planted it with zinnia seeds.  

Cousin Jamie next door texted us Saturday evening and said that she'd just watched the mama owl drop a big snake in the owl nest in the tree between our houses.  We grabbed the camera and went out to see if we could get a picture of the babies eating the snake, but of course the nest is too high off the ground for us to see what the babies were doing.  One of them did poke his head up to watch us for a minute.  At night, we hear them squawking.

I spent most of the weekend working on an alphabet for the embroidery machine.  A customer asked for a running-stitch font that would be good for t-shirts, onesies, and other lightweight fabrics.  I wanted to make a true-type font that can be typed like text, but am getting nowhere.  This has been one of the most frustrating things I've done in a while.  

The super-hero quilt is now on Lou-Lou's bed, and she likes it.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment