Thursday, July 11, 2024

Cloudland - July 11, 2024

The Husband was patting his pockets as we were preparing to walk out our door.  "Wallet, keys, phone...."

"Oh!  Phone!" I said, and began searching for mine.  

It was in none of the usual places. "I'll just call it," I said.

I called it.  We heard no ringing.

I guessed I must have left it at work on the previous day.  However, I'd been listening to music at work, and the phone battery was low at the end of the day.  There was a chance that the phone was in the house but too weak to ring.  

We called the office.  No answer.  

The Husband did the "find my phone" thing.

Within a couple of minutes, the office called.  Yep, my phone was there.  We drove to town, got the phone, and struck a trail to Cloudland Canyon, Georgia, or thereabouts. 

As usual, we disdained the interstate highways in favor of state and county roads.  Drove all the way across the bottom of Tennessee, stopping for lunch (and a little antique store browsing) in Lawrenceburg.  We made it to our hotel after about 7 hours of driving.

This is a beautiful area.  

After breakfast this morning, I took my watercolor paints out to the patio and painted what I saw around me.  Later today, I may drive around a bit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment