Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Waiting - July 3, 2024

Waiting on the A/C repairman.  They said it would be after 3, and it's nearly 5, but, whatever, I'm home, and there's already a cake in the oven that, if it turns out well, will go to the annual family 4th party tomorrow, along with a pasta salad and a cold watermelon.  

I'll make the pasta dish in the morning.  Bowtie pasta.  I can dress it with either (a) a savory vodka cream sauce with sausage or (b) olive oil and fresh veggies and herbs (and sausage or not).  

The cake in the oven is a German chocolate pound cake.  Never made it before.  The goodies are in the batter, not the frosting.   After baking it, you pour a ganache over it and sprinkle a few nuts and coconut over the top.  It looked sinful in the picture.  If I don't screw it up - if it comes clean out of the pan and doesn't fall apart - I'm going to serve it on my fanciest platter.   (Hey, with all the good cooks in this family, the pressure is on!)

I managed to get Year 7 entirely unboxed today and started the sort.  Made good progress until I had to leave for the A/C repairmen.  Back at it, come Friday morning.

Nanny picked some peas and squash today.  I checked them Sunday and intended to pick them tomorrow afternoon.  And she's been chopping weeds.  I wish she wouldn't get out there in the heat, but she's grown and can do as she pleases.  



No comments:

Post a Comment