Friday, July 19, 2024

Project Year 9 - July 18, 2024

I finished Project Year 8 yesterday.  The un-boxing of Year 9 commenced this morning, and Years 10 and 11 have been brought down to my workspace.  

Along with two or three more "overlooked" boxes from previous years.

As soon as I unboxed Year 8, I suspected that they'd missed a box or two.  The volume of documents was visibly smaller.  As I worked, I discovered that one set of records covered only the last six months of the year.  I asked them to look again for more Year 8 boxes.  They didn't find any.  I expect them to find them any day now, since I've finished alphabetizing that year.

Year 9 makes up for the smaller volume of Year 8.  It appears to be a normal year's volume, and then some.  It'll take me DAYS to finish this one.

This job is just full of surprises.

The Sheriff's Department got a new dog.  His handler brought him in to meet the office yesterday.  I was working in the kitchen, down the hallway from the squad room, and didn't see the dog come in.  So, I'm standing at the counter, sorting records, when he sticks his nose right between my legs from behind.  

Now, I am working in a place crawling with cops, but I don't know any of them well enough to expect that sort of behavior in the workplace.  Surely one of them hadn't . . . .

I whirled around and was, for once, happy to see a big, unfamiliar German Shepherd staring up at me.  

He got me again, from the front this time, on his way out the door.

His name is Axel.






  

No comments:

Post a Comment