Monday, July 15, 2024

Well, damn . . . . - July 15, 2024

I was in the community garden by 6:45 this morning.  Watered and fertilized.  The tomato vines need something, but I don't know what.  They just look weird to me.  Gnarly, or something.  I planted a variety that's new to me, so maybe they're supposed to look that way.  They're out in the boiling sun all day, which might be part of the problem.  And there's something(s) growing on top of the dirt - black, speckish things (not worm poop, though), and little white tube-like things, 1/8" - 1/4"tall, which I suspect might be some sort of fungi.  Curious.

By 7:15, I was at work.  The next two project years had not been brought down.  (I'd asked for them last Wednesday, before I left town.)  The Cs and Ds from the previous year remained to be alphabetized, so I finished those while I waited for the next years.

10:00, and the boxes still had not been brought down.  I drove up to my "real" office in the hope of getting some face-time with The Chief to check the status of the archive project, but he wasn't in, so I went back to where I'd been working.

It was after noon when they finally brought down the boxes.  There were about a dozen completed boxes to be moved.  The workers took them away on carts - to I don't know where.  No sooner than they had gone, I learned that they'd found another box of reports from Year 3.  

It took effort not to choke somebody.   

I set the stray box aside and started working on Year 8.  

After two more hours, I'd had enough, so I came home, read my work email, and started supper.  

We'll be having squash from the garden tonight.



No comments:

Post a Comment