Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Fish or Cut Bait - July 24, 2024

We're having leftovers for supper, so I have from now (4:30 pm) until bedtime to do what I want.  The garden is on auto-pilot for a few days.  

I want to do a dozen different things, and even have the supplies to do most of them. 

Now, if I just had the gumption to do them.

I should take the three 5-gallon buckets that are currently in the back of my car, driving me crazy with their rattling, to the garden shed.  First, I need to put my name on them, for 5-gallon buckets have a way of disappearing around here, and nobody knows anything about where they went ("Naw, that's my bucket.")  Evidently, it is a man thing.  So I bought bright red, easily identifiable buckets, and I will summon Towanda if I catch somebody with one of them.

* * * * * * * 

Okay, so I've spent two hours of my "do what I want time."   Took the buckets to the garden shed and checked on the crops.  Killed a tomato worm.  Picked squash, cucumbers, and peppers, which I will drop into the food pantry drop-off cooler at the community garden on my way to work tomorrow.  Incurred a good dozen mosquito bites.  Came home.  Showered.

Now what?

On the way to the garden, I found a new set of watercolor paints in my mailbox.  Maybe I'll swatch them and try them out.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment