Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Sprayed for blight and fertilized - June 16, 2021

 

If you found this page because you're looking for a good remedy for blight, you might as well move along, because evidently I don't know of a good remedy.  ;)

Over the weekend, I cut yellow, blighty-looking leaves off of my tomato plants and hosed them down GOOD with a mixture of baking soda (3 tbs.), cooking oil (1 tbs.), and dish detergent (couple of drops) per gallon of water.  This morning, there were twice as many yellowing leaves than there were this past weekend.

I went to the store and bought some liquid copper fungicide and sprayed the tomatoes again this afternoon.  It seemed like more leaves had yellowed since this morning!

While I sprayed tomatoes, Nanny and The Husband did some weeding.  We also strung a soaker hose across the butterbean rows, hoping to moisten the seeds so they'll sprout.  If they don't sprout, I'm done with butterbeans this year.  Maybe forever.

We mixed up 15 gallons of fertilizer water and used it on the tomatoes, peppers, and squash.  

Tomorrow, I'm going to plant pole beans on the halves of the pole bean rows that I did not plant the first (second, third, or fourth) go-round.  Probably ought to water the cucumbers.

Altogether, I spent about 5 hours in the garden today.  My back hurts from lugging the 2-gallon sprayer.  My feet hurt from standing on them for 4 hours straight.  

I think it's time for a gin & tonic!






No comments:

Post a Comment