Friday, June 11, 2021

Cake-o-saurus - June 11, 2021

 

Well, the birthday cake est fini.  

And it is a freakin' MONSTER - four layers.  It's so tall that I can't get the cake cover on it.




Layers 1 and 3 are the first cake recipe.  They were made with orange cake mix, vanilla pudding, orange soda, eggs, and oil.  They are HEAVY.  I topped them with vanilla mousse.

Layer 2 is a white "poke cake" flavored with orange soda.  There's orange jello in the poke-holes.  Atop layer 2 is/was a thin layer of set orange jello.  I say "is/was" because a bunch of the jello squished out when I stacked layer 3 on top.  In retrospect, the layer of orange jello was probably a mistake, as it made the whole cake a little unstable (and most of it squirted out, anyway).

Layer 4 is just the plain white cake without any poke holes. 

Before I frosted the cake (with yummy cream cheese frosting), I pegged it together with skewers.  Cross your fingers that they survive the trip to the birthday party!  Nanny will have to hold it in her lap!

I will also be taking the poodle dress that the birthday girl helped me make.


When we first talked about making a dress, she said she wanted a hair bow and some high heel shoes to go with it.  Her family teased her about the shoes; she's a bit clumsy and has trouble walking barefoot on level ground; the family is not sure she'll survive high heels.  Nevertheless, she's getting some grown-up-looking heels.  ;)


She has already confiscated the matching purse and hair bow.

Happy birthday, Nugget!




No comments:

Post a Comment