Thursday, June 24, 2021

Slop jar - June 24, 2021

 

I just got back from the garden a few minutes ago.  Went down there to bury the stuff in my slop jar.  I put it in the north end of the garden, in the low spot.  Vegetable peelings, egg shells, coffee grounds and filters.  Something will probably dig it up tonight.  If it can get past the smell, it'll have to deal with the dirt if it wants to eat anything.

The blight/leaf spot is back on some of the tomatoes.  I was afraid that would happen when I watered them.  Watered with a soaker hose, but still . . . fungus likes water.  

So I got out the peroxide/water sprayer and went through the routine - remove affected leaves, spray.  I sprayed the plants to the left and right of the affected plants, thinking the plants probably spread the fungus to their neighbors when the wind blows.  

This spraying would be so much easier if my sprayers would work right.  :\




No comments:

Post a Comment