Thursday, June 3, 2021

Dress-Making, Part I - June 3, 2021

 

I worked on The Granddaughter's dress yesterday afternoon.  She and I had not cut out the matching purse, and we had not marked the dots and centers and such.  We also had not cut out the lining for the bodice.

The Granddaughter is between sizes.  At least, I think she is.  When I tried to measure her, she wanted to see the numbers on the tape measure, and she bent her head and looked down, and pooched out her belly so she could see.  Her waist measured larger than her chest.  I'm not entirely sure our measurements were correct, so I cut the largest size of the dress pattern, thinking I'll take it in where it doesn't fit.

I don't know what possessed me to use white fabric instead of black for the lining.  Unless I sew the lining perfectly - and I rarely do anything perfectly - it might show.  If I'd used black fabric, it still might show, but it would be less noticeable.

Good thing I only basted the lining onto the top.

This afternoon, I went over to The Granddaughter's house to see how the bodice was going to fit.  I think it'll do as is.  

Except the white lining might have to go.

Not today, though.


No comments:

Post a Comment