Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Still raining - June 9, 2021

 

I'm about tired of this rain, but it's supposed to hang around for another day or two.  Most things in the garden are doing okay, so far, but the weeds and grass are thriving, too.  Thank goodness for the pine needles and cardboard in some of the middles.  

I have been saving the cardboard boxes from our Blue Apron meals and other packages to use as weed control in the garden.  Two of them are folded flat and stashed behind the microwave cart in the kitchen right now.  Last night, as I was puttering around in the kitchen, The Husband came through on his way to the back porch, saw the boxes, and said, "Oh . . . I brought you some more cardboard boxes from work.  They're in the back of my truck."  

I said, "Thanks," and kept puttering.

After a minute, it occurred to me that he'd said he'd brought ME some cardboard.  I opened the back door and said, "By the way, you didn't bring ME some cardboard.  Yo' ass doesn't enjoy hoeing any more than mine does!"  

I should make him wade out in the garden and put down all these boxes when he comes home this afternoon!





No comments:

Post a Comment