Saturday, June 12, 2021

Sprayed the Tomatoes - June 12, 2021

 

Been dreading it all day, but about 5 o'clock, we went to the garden to spray the tomatoes for blight and do some other maintenance.

I mixed up 2 gallons of water with 6 tablespoons of baking soda, 2 tablespoons of cooking oil, and a few drops of dish detergent.  I also added some bug spray to the mix - might as well get 'er done in one fell swoop, eh?  The mixture lasted all the way down one tomato row, and halfway up the other.  About the time the sprayer was fizzling out, Nanny hollered from the back porch to ask if I needed anything from the grocery store.  I asked her to bring me another box of baking soda.  

While she was gone, I ran the tiller down the butterbean(less) row to take out the grass that has grown up in it.  The ground was a tad too damp, but I'll till it up again tomorrow if it doesn't rain.

The Nephew said it's supposed to rain tonight.  I heard distant thunder while I was in the garden.  Hopefully, it rained somewhere else.  Our garden has had enough!


No comments:

Post a Comment