Saturday, June 12, 2021

Success! - June 12, 2021

 

Nanny was ready to go at 5 p.m. yesterday when I fetched her for The Nugget's birthday party.  When she got in the car, I said, "We have to stop back by my house to get the birthday cake."  The cake was so tall that I was afraid to have it unattended in the car for even a minute; Nanny was going to have to hold it in her lap all the way to the party.

The cake must've weighed 10 pounds.  My son was outside when we got to his house.  I told him, "Get a two-wheeler and come get this cake."  We managed to get it inside the house and on the table without a mishap.

With the cake safe inside, I went back to the car for the poodle dress and the shoes.  These were not birthday presents, so I went ahead and gave them to her before the party officially started.  If I did one thing right, it was buying those shoes!  The kid was ecstatic when she opened the box.  She put them on immediately and wore them the rest of the night.  She was thrilled with the dress, as well.  As I was buttoning the back, I said, "The first thing you should do when I finish these buttons is twirl."  She did, and that circle skirt flared out beautifully.  She twirled all over the living room.

Cake and presents followed.  She racked up.


No comments:

Post a Comment