Friday, August 16, 2024

I went to work yesterday - August16, 2024

When I got to work yesterday, the workroom was just as I had left it on Monday, same old boxes stacked high in the corner, no new ones.

There was no reason for me to stay, so I left, and went to check on our community garden plot.  There were some ripe tomatoes on the vines.  I picked them and put them in the donation box, and came home.

The Husband seemed a little stir-crazy.  Still sore from his surgery, but moving around well once he was on his feet, he wandered from room to room, to the back porch, and inside again (it was suffocatingly hot).  Earlier in the week, I'd received an email from the pottery class I attended last month, letting me know that my masterpieces had been fired and were ready for pickup.  I'd intended to go get them Saturday, but seeing The Husband's restlessness, I asked if he was up for a ride to the pottery place.  He said he was, so we made the drive.

The pottery pieces came out of the kiln undamaged, but they look smaller than I remembered.  My largest bowl looks shorter, and thicker in the bottom.  I asked a cousin who has pottery experience if pieces can "slump" while they dry, and her reply was that pottery can "do all sorts of things" while drying.  

They didn't mention that in the "introduction to the potter's wheel" class.  :-\

I shall be heading to work soon.  If they have not done what I asked and brought down the rest of the boxes, I will be coming right back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment