Friday, August 2, 2024

Southernpea - August 2, 2024

I unintentionally lied about the kind of peas I intend to plant before the week is over.  They are SOUTHERNpeas, not SUMMERpeas.  No clue what these are, really, but they are supposed to make in under 70 days, so I'm game to try them.  

But there's a problem.  There's no cultivated space left, except for the ends of a few rows.  I'll either need to drag out the tiller and make a new row, or plant on the vacant ends with a hoe.  It's sooooo hot, though, to do either thing.  I went out to the garden earlier to put out some borax-laden ant bait and walk the rows, and worked up a hair-soaking sweat in just a few minutes.   The current plan is to get out the hoe tomorrow evening, once the garden is in shade, and plant on the ends of the rows.  

I'd "reserved" one big chunk of space at the ends of the butterbean rows, but I've planted two pumpkins in it.  Might just jump the new pea rows right over them and see who wins the fight.



No comments:

Post a Comment