Saturday, August 3, 2024

SOUTHERNpeas planted - August 3, 2024

It's pushing 2 p.m., and I have been working in the yard and the garden since before the dew dried off the grass.  Ran the weeder.  Cut back some phlox and daylilies.  

The "southernpeas" are planted.  The seeds look kinda like Holstein cows - black and white spots.  I planted three 10-12-foot rows, and did an experiment.  After I dropped the seeds in two of the rows, I walked on them before I covered them up to give them good contact with the soil beneath them.  The other row I just covered with soil.  We'll see which row(s) do best.

On a sad note, Uncle B, who lived across the road from us, died last night.  He was 93 and had been remarkably healthy, physically and mentally, until the past year or so.  When I visited with him a couple of weeks ago, he seemed very tired, but he knew who I was and carried on a reasonable conversation.  We were lucky to have him around for so long.  


No comments:

Post a Comment