Thursday, August 1, 2024

HOT! - August 1. 2024

 Daaang, it's hot.  And pushing 70% humidity.  

I need to work in the vegetable garden before the weekend is over.  This week, a shipment of bean seeds arrived.  I think they're called "summerbeans," and they're supposed to mature in under 70 days, which ought to be just about right to be ready to pick before frost.  We'll have to make a new row or two for them, but it's really hot to run the tiller.  

The butterbeans we planted a couple of weeks ago have sprouted.  They'll be pushing it to mature before frost.

The blackeyed peas we planted over a month ago are now blooming.

We picked okra this week - just a handful or two.  

The squash will need picking this afternoon, unless Nanny beat me to it.

The tomatoes?  They're unimpressive.

* * * * * * * * 

Work this week has been a b*tch.  I worked on Year 13 yesterday.  It quickly became apparent that at least one or two boxes were missing.  The lady in charge of the records offered to take me up to the "attic" to see for myself.  It's a mess up there.  File boxes of records (not the ones I'm working on) have been dumped over and just left there.  It's plumb shameful.




No comments:

Post a Comment