Monday, August 26, 2024

Somewhat - August 26, 2024

I went to work this morning, expecting to finish Phase 1 of the records organization project.  When I flipped on the light switch, the room was as I had left it last Monday.  No new work.  When the records lady came in, she said that they'd taken the records to the building where Phase II is to happen.  I gathered my stuff, turned in my key-fob, and left.  

I am not looking forward to Phase II.  It is to be done in a building with no heat, no air-conditioning, and probably varmints, both dead and alive.  Spiders for sure.  Maybe snakes.  Who knows what else.  As of today, nothing is ready for me to work on.  Boxes are piled 10 feet high on top of empty file cabinets.  Today they're supposed to get it all down where I can get to it.  Tomorrow, we'll see whether or not they've done it.

After I left, I went to the transmission shop where the Wrangler was worked on.  The owner of the shop told me to drive the Wrangler for a couple of weeks, then bring it and let him drive it.  It's done ok, so far, except that there was a time or two when it acted like it wanted to do the old rattle, but it got over it.  The transmission guy drove it and said it's fine.  It has a one-year warranty.  

After that, I had to go to a shipping store.  Last week, I ordered some cookware for Granddaughter #1, who is now living in an off-campus apartment with three other girls.  Although I was prepared to swear on a stack of Bibles that I'd had the cookware shipped straight to her apartment, it came here. Cost me $45 bucks to ship it. Good grief.

My morning of "doing around" has worn me out.  I guess I'm not quite as "back" from covid as I thought I was.  

No comments:

Post a Comment