Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Oh, no! - August 21, 2024

After Monday afternoon's gardening chores, I was uncommonly tired.  I showered, nuked a hot dog, and was in bed by 9:00.

I woke up in the night, shivering.  Got up and checked my temperature.  Sure enough, I was running a fever.  

I can't remember the last time I had a fever.

Yesterday morning, I dug out a covid test.  It was positive.

I could not believe it.  After all the times I'd been exposed to covid and had not caught it, I thought I had a natural immunity, or something.

I spent the morning disinfecting the house, washing bedclothes, etc., and then went to bed in a spare bedroom.  Thinking it might be best to let the fever have its way with me (as long as it wasn't too high), I did not take any medicine to lower it.  Some time in the night last night, the fever broke.  When I checked my temperature this morning, it was normal.

I still have a headache.  My joints hurt.  And if I suddenly cough or sneeze, a change of underwear will be required.  

Is it too early to hope the worst is over?



No comments:

Post a Comment