Thursday, August 20, 2020

Lord, grant me the serenity . . . . August 20, 2020

 

Should I have expected, when I had to change clothes TWICE before work this morning, that the whole day was going to turn out pissy?  We won't even go there with the clothes change story.  (No, I didn't sneeze.)  

Work was unremarkable, except for a sad case.  I may tell you about that, eventually.  

On my way home from work, the computer repair shop called and said The Grandson's laptop was ready.  I picked it up, drove it to The Grandson's house.  He opened it up, and nothing happened.  I told him to plug it in.  He did.  Nothing but a black screen (though I could hear the fan humming).  I called the repair shop, and they said to bring it back.  15 more miles back to the repair shop.  One of the geeks took charge of the situation and said he would look at it right then, that it shouldn't take long.  

I treated myself to a strawberry limeade at Sonic and read a magazine article to pass the time, then went back to the repair shop.  The geek said that he raised the lid, and it came on.  I made him show me that it worked.  There was some strangeness going on on the screen.  He said he was running a program to sort of re-set the pixels, as there was there was ONE pixel that was "stuck" on.  A tiny pinprick in the center of the lower 1/4 of the screen.  Tiny.  He said that the strangeness on the screen was a program he was running to sort of re-set the pixels.  He said it might also just go away by itself.  I said I would take the computer, but made him promise to fix it if it became a problem.  15 miles back to The Grandson's house.

They'd had new flooring installed in two of the bedrooms, and the contents of both bedrooms were in the living room.  A nice person might have stayed and offered to help.  I left as quickly as I could.

I feel sorry for The Grandson.  His world is a little chaotic right now.  And this covid crap on top of everything else.  He's a good kid.  

I probably shouldn't even have mentioned that pixel to him, but I wanted him to watch out for screen issues.  That one tiny pixel would probably drive me apeshit, just knowing it was there.

I gardened a little bit yesterday.  Picked squash.  Cut okra.  Pulled/chopped weeds.  

There are volunteer cucumbers coming up all over the former cucumber patch.  The butternut squash are growing there now.  I thought about letting one or two of them grow, just to have a few late cucumbers.  But they'd probably get tangled up with the butternuts.  I probably ought to pull them up.  Maybe not today.

The tomatoes need to be sprayed with fungicide.  I probably won't do that today, either.  

As I passed by the garden center on the way to get the computer, I thought to call them to see if they have any fall vegetable plants.  They do.  I may stop there tomorrow and pick up a few things, for I'm not sure my broccoli is coming up.



No comments:

Post a Comment