Monday, August 31, 2020

Mouse!

 

I swear . . . if the rodents, insects, and reptiles don't stop coming into my house, I'm moving.

A week ago, when The Husband said he thought he saw a mouse run under the refrigerator, and I said maybe it was a lizard, and then we caught a lizard on a sticky trap, I was feeling pretty smug about having been right.  For the whole week, we've had two mouse traps set - one on each side of the refrigerator.  Saturday night, I said, "We should get rid of these mouse traps before one of us loses a toe."  The Husband agreed, but said he'd move them in the morning.

Yesterday morning, there was a dead mouse in one of the traps.  Even worse, The Husband said he'd seen a LIVE one in the living room.  He moved the traps - including the sticky trap with the dead lizard still stuck to it - to the living room.  This morning, there was a mouse stuck in the sticky trap, and it was still alive.  The Husband finished it off with a bb gun.

I can't have this.

Today, I'm stopping at the dollar store for mouse poison.  I'm going to get one for every closet and maybe 10 for the attic!

We just had the laziest weekend we've had in months, thanks to the mud situation in the garden.  

No comments:

Post a Comment