Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Uh-oh...it's raining - August 11, 2020

 

The Grandson started texting me fairly early this morning, wondering when I would take him to buy some shoes.  I picked him up after lunch and took him shopping.  The boy just turned 13, is a head taller than I am, and wears a size 10.5 Wide shoe.

He asked if he could come to my house for a while after we finished shopping.  I said, "Sure."  He asked if he could stay for dinner.  I said, "Sure."  We had spaghetti and meatballs, slaw, and what he calls "spaghetti toast" (garlic bread).  After dinner, I asked him if he wanted to just spend the night.  He said, "Sure."  I'll take him home in the morning on my way to work.

After we cleaned up the dishes, I went down to the garden to finish watering.  Once again, the weather radar showed some puny little clouds to the west, and I didn't expect much rain from them.  Still, I did not absolutely soak the ground, and it's a good thing I didn't, for the instant I got back home, it started sprinkling.  Now, we're getting a good, slow rain.  Hopefully, I didn't water enough to drown everything.

I believe the garden can be on auto-pilot for a day or two.  I promised a co-worker some squash on Thursday, so I'll need to pick it tomorrow evening, mud or no mud.  And the okra will probably need cutting again.  But those chores will be a piece of cake compared to the work I've put in for the past two or three weeks.



No comments:

Post a Comment