Sunday, August 23, 2020

P.M. - August 29, 2020

 

I spent most of this day sitting on my butt, either at the computer or at the sewing machine.  At lunch time, I did get up and make a pizza with left-over barbeque, green onions, and bottled sauce.  A couple of hours later, I made two loaves of zucchini bread with the only two zucchini we've harvested from our one zucchini plant.

About 4:30, I said to The Husband, "We ought to walk down to the garden in a bit."  Because of all the rain, we hadn't worked in the garden since the middle of last week.  The squash would need picking and the okra would need cutting.  The Husband had been sitting all day, too, playing away on his ukulele.  He agreed that we could use a walk, but wanted to wait until it was cooler.  An hour later, we wrapped up a couple of slices of zucchini bread for Nanny and hit the road.

Much of the squash was too big, and I threw it over the hill and still ended up with a basket full of squash.  The Husband cut the okra, and we gathered a few tomatoes and peppers.  We took enough okra for our supper and left the rest with Nanny to freeze.

Only one or two of the broccoli and brussels sprouts are up, and they don't look so great.  I'll make a run to the garden center to see if they have some.  The sweet peas don't look so great, either.

I saw raccoon tracks all over the place.





No comments:

Post a Comment